Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012 SCCA SunBelt National Tour

My second National tour was yet another learning experience. Co-Driver James Wilson proved that the car can be competitive, which was important. The money tree needs to start bearing fruit soon, so the power upgrades can be made. The camber plates were a big help, proven by catching up to Todd at the local events. I actually ran 5th, and only a couple hundreths of a second off Mark Sipe's fastest clean run on the second day.

Ended up 6th out of 9 in STX. James missed winning STX by less than a 10th of a second over two days runs. Overall, ended up 1.3 seconds out of 1st, and only 0.9 seconds out of the trophys. I never felt like I put together an "all or nothing" run. I know when I'm pushing the car, because I hit ABS when I brake, and I don't think I ever hit ABS. I don't trust my braking, or the car's ability to "un-bog" itself. More power will help with that.






The Spokes Hotel 


 Tech Trailer


James, the co-driver, and Todd, the competition (He took 4th in the MS-3!)


"The Road to Lincoln" Trailer


I love the smell of burnt rubber in the morning...


Vitek's Banshee, and Federico's Alpha Boxster

No comments:

Post a Comment