Monday, February 20, 2012

Statistics allude to good things coming ?



I'm in the process of converting these statisics to percentage of certain pacesetters times, so as to compare my results to those that will likely be in my class at the big races. So far it's looking pretty good, but I'll be close.

This was done to help me decide if I probably need to invest in the camber plates, and downpipe and tune. And it looks like I probably should as soon as possible, and it may actually allow me to be competitive for a National tour trophy if I don't choke...



My time the last two races has been at 103% to 104% of my pacesetters time.

The STX competitors I'm comparing myself to have been very close to that range or worse, all in trophy positions, so if this extremely small amount of data can be attributed to anything then I might do well. Unfortunately, almost every one I race with are engineers of some sort with solid grasps on statistics, and tend to remind me of the many outside factors that can come into play, ruining my little ray of sunshine here.. ;-)

I probably need to get to 102% to 103% of pacesetters time to be solidly in the trophy's at a tour, So that's the goal. Mark Sipe, an RX8 driver is at that pace, and is registered for the event. I'm going to have to pick up some time in the next couple local events to get close to him.

On a 30 second course, that's going to mean picking up a half second to only be a second behind the pacesetter. Tall order.

No comments:

Post a Comment