Friday, December 30, 2011

A few minor changes = BIG results

Haven't been keeping up with this, as I have a build thread in NASIOC as well. The car is progressing pretty well. Still don't have camber plates but have added 17x8 wheels, and a 22mm rear ARB and new 245/40/17 Dunlop Star Specs. Same tire and size as before, but with a lot more rubber, which can be a detriment sometimes, but seems to have worked out.

I was going from 13lb 17x7.5 wheels to 19lb 17x8 wheels, so I was worried a bit about the weight increase, but it doesn't seem to have hurt anywhere except in the milage department.

I ended up 2nd overall in both Raw time and PAX. Gotta luv beating a Lotus, Porsche, Nissan GTR, and a few Vettes in straight time, not to mention several STi's... In a WRX, and the low HP WRX as well.








Improvement on similar length courses on the same surface at Retama downs in San Antonio against the one STi that was in both races:

September race:


December race



Went from over a second behind him, to a second and a half ahead. This, I think, bodes well for next year.

Will be running a Houston race on Jan. 9th, and will get to let James Wilson, my suspension benefactor, co-drive the car as it is. It should be a longer course, so I'll get to let her run a bit.


New Odyssey 15lb battery, replacing the 28lb stock batt. Probably just got back the weight I added with the heavier rear ARB, but took it off the front, and added it to the back, so it will even the weight distribution out some.

No comments:

Post a Comment